Friday, June 26, 2009

Christmas Sanity Plan - Part 6

Here it is, nearing June 30 and I’ve done nothing this month towards my goal of having a sane Christmas. And here’s the problem, I don’t know what to do. Last month I made a plan for the people I was going to focus on each month as the year progresses. This month was supposed to be the month I picked stuff up for my niece and nephews. Then I remembered that to do so would involve calling their parents to see what they would like for Christmas. The truth is, I usually get gift certificates for them but I like to know what their current interests are before I mess that up too badly. Let’s face it, older kids present more of a challenge in the gift giving arena.

What I generally do is call my sister-in-laws sometime in October for suggestions. If I call now, they’ll scoff at me and since I don’t care to be scoffed at, I’ll wait a bit, but not until October. Side note to my dear sister-in-laws: start gathering ideas now.

So, here’s my current plan for June. I’m going to review the list of names that I created in January of the people for whom I wanted to bless this year. I’m going to see what still needs to be done.

And, I’m going to ask you, my blog readers, for suggestions. I specifically like to bless the wives of our pastors each year. First off, most of them are my friends, too, but even if they weren’t I’d want to do something for them. Maybe it’s because one of my best friends is a pastor’s wife, I don’t know, but I have a special place in my heart for them. It isn’t an easy job. I won’t elaborate, but seriously, I think those girls deserve a little something extra for the support they give their husbands.

So, if you could help me with suggestions, I’d be most grateful; even (and by that I mean especially) if you are the wife of a pastor. In fact, if you have great Christmas suggestions for anyone, I’d love to hear them. Maybe it’s the heat, but my creative juices seem to be clogged.

2 comments:

CrazyBusyCallie said...

So, I called my friend and co-worker Sue, who just happens to be a pastor's wife and asked her what she considers a wonderful gift. It took her less then a second to respond with, a massage followed by a manicure and pedicure. She told me that its the only "me" time that she gets.
Personally, I love anything from Bath and Body Works as I never think to buy anything like that for myself!!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Nancy...well, you are so smart to start your Christmas shopping early! This makes me want to get going on my shopping, too! The Bugbites you asked about...they are normally in the cookie isle at most grocery stores. I shop Publix so that's where I normally find them. :-)
susan