Thursday, July 10, 2008

Stymied!

I'm not the most organized person in the world but I do generally have a plan for the day. You know, get up, exercise, eat breakfast, meet with friend, read a book, church meeting, etc. No day is ever the same and some things get skipped, usually the exercise. But, today I'm having what I call a "what do I do now" moment. My morning went somewhat as planned (even the exercise part) and this afternoon I had an appointment scheduled in Apple Valley at 2:00, which requires me to leave home at 1:30 (at the latest).

At 1:25 a storm hit Cannon Falls. The wind was intense and my thought was, "it'll be done in less than 10 minutes, I'll just wait it out and maybe be a few minutes late." In five minutes things seemed to quiet down so I proceeded to leave home. At the bottom of the street the road was blocked by a downed tree branch. Still, I continued on using an alternate route to circumvent the tree. A little further down the road I noticed more storm damage and began to wonder if driving in this storm was really my smartest move. At this point, still not even out of Cannon Falls, I turned on the radio and heard about tornado warnings for almost every city I'd be driving through on my way to Apple Valley. It was then I determined that my need to live was greater than my need to be at my appointment at 2:00 so I came home, arriving right before the tornado sirens went off.

So, here it is, now 2:50 and I'm stymied. I don't have a plan for this period of time. Mind you, there are hundreds of things I could do. I could read, do laundry, write a lesson I need to teach later this month, take a nap, but I'm totally paralyzed without my plan. I'm sure I'll recover here in a few minutes. At 3:00, my plan was to find a coffee shop and work on my lesson. I may still do that at home, but it just isn't the same. Until I figure it out I think I'll peruse the Internet in search of the perfect swimsuit. That should take up some time and who knows, maybe I'll find something this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the swimsuit. I was lucky to find the 'perfect' one before I was pregnant. I even wore it when I was 8 months pregnant!!
My plans were suddenly changed this morning due to a fall. We spent the morning in urgent care. :( Audrey is fine.