Monday, June 23, 2008

Taking time

I am making a concentrated effort to enjoy summer this year. I know it sound crazy but I really have to force myself to do this. Usually, I rush through summer and I'm so busy that I don't have time to slow down and enjoy the beauty all around me. Of course, I'm not a big fan of heat and humidity, so our Minnesota temperatures have been perfect for me.

Stopping in the midst of my normal craziness and slipping away to the front porch has become the favorite part of my day. There I can take time to read my current book selection, enjoy the flowers blooming in our front yard, and just relax, even if it's only for 20 minutes. It has been a particularly great year for my flowering plants and sometimes I'm so overwhelmed by the beauty I have to go inside and grab my camera. Here are a couple of shots taken within the past three weeks. It seems the flowers are staging their appearance so as one stops blooming another one starts. You'd have thought I planned it but really, I'm not that good.


Why not take some time yourself this summer, get away, even if it's just for a few minutes and enjoy God's amazing creation?

No comments: