Friday, January 25, 2008

The Healing Power of a Haircut

It's not Biblical, I know, but I have to believe that there is some sort of healing power in getting a hair cut. I guess if you are going to look at the story of Sampson, or if you are of the persuasion that women should never get their hair cut, then you'll completely disagree with me. I'm o.k. with that, you have a right to your opinion. I obviously don't share it.

Yesterday, I had my first big outing since my surgery and, as you might guess, it was to the hair salon. I can not describe to you how much better I felt after getting my hair done. I went in feeling grungy (bed head is never a good look) and emerged feeling almost energized. Granted, I needed a long nap when I got home, but it was so worth it!

I've considered making a list of "things that will help you recover" for other women who need surgery, using the things that have helped me the most. Of course everyone is different and my list won't be the "perfect" solution for all post-surgical women, but I think most women would benefit from a trip to the hair salon 9 - 10 days after surgery. I know I did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heck - I feel good after a haircut, and I didn't even have surgery!