Monday, January 14, 2008

Gettting Ready

I haven't blogged much lately. There has been a lot going on, most of which has been some medical issues and really those who want to know about my medical issues have heard from me personally. As a result of said medical issues, I am having surgery tomorrow morning. In addition to the general discomfort of any surgical procedure the doctor is trying to further torture me by having me show up at the hospital, 30 minutes away from my house, at 6:45 a.m. I'm not a morning person! The only redeeming thing about this is that I won't have to be hungry for very long (no eating after midnight), and I'll be sleeping again shortly after I get there.

It's a routine surgery . . . for the doctor. Personally, I've never had it done before. I'm not overly concerned, other than the general apprehension that accompanies any surgery. Things like "I wonder how painful this will really be? Will the food at the hospital be decent? Will the pain meds work? How long will the recovery really take?" Important things like that.

So, today I spent getting ready. Finishing up laundry, paying some bills, getting stuff mailed that should have gone out last week, getting groceries, etc. One of the "fun" things I did to get ready was go to the video store (why do you suppose they haven't changed the name from Valu Plus Videos to Valu Plus DVDs?) and pick out movies that I'd like to watch during my recovery. I have quite the list prepared and I'm very excited about having the time to watch them. Hopefully, I'll be able to stay awake for two hour time slots so I can finish a movie in one setting.

I haven't had too many surgeries, but enough to know that I always have BIG plans. I'm going to read a bunch of books, watch a bunch of movies, do a little scrapbooking, etc. etc. In my mind I'm always going to get more done than actually happens, but at least it's good to have a plan.

So, I think I'm ready. The books are stacked, the list is ready, and my suitcase is almost packed. If you read this on Tuesday morning, please feel free to say a prayer for me. Well, for that matter, always feel free to say a prayer for me. God has been, and continues to be, my refuge and my strength.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope everything went well with your surgery!! I know the feeling! Hoping to avoid that this time around! We'll see in April!

Anonymous said...

Well I didn't get here before the surgery but I'll be praying for a quick recovery.

I hope you are comfortable enough to get lots of reading done. :)

Matthew Nowlin said...

Nancy - here's to a smooth surgery!

travelingtramps said...

Got a short note from John saying that the surgery went well. I hope you are home...either today or tomorrow..(Friday). Drop me a note when you're feelig like it.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hope you're recovering well Nancy. I'll keep posting the construction pics for you to make sure you don't feel like you're missing anything.