Friday, March 21, 2008

Thoughts on Good Friday

Today is Good Friday, the day we traditionally focus on Christ’s death on the cross. I’ve actually been thinking a lot about Christ’s death in the past couple of weeks. There is a song by Mercy Me called “God with Us”. It’s a great song and while in Africa I found myself singing the bridge of the song over and over again. It goes like this:

Such a tiny offering compared to Calvary
Nevertheless we lay it at Your feet.

As you may have guessed, if you read my posting from yesterday, there were some moments on our trip that I was less than enthused about. And yet, my sacrifice seemed small by comparison to the one Jesus made on Calvary over 2000 years ago. Any “suffering” I did pales in light of what Jesus did for me. How could I not bring this tiny offering to Jesus to bring His light to a nation of darkness?

No comments: