Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Baby Boy Got Married!

On Saturday, June 12, my baby boy, and last unmarried son, Scott, said, "I do." How did this happen? Well, I know how it happened, of course; they met, they fell in love, they got engaged and bam, they're married. What I mean is, where did the time go? It seems like yesterday I was knee deep in diapers and baby food, then Legos and matchbox cars, and eventually soccer balls and school books. It all went so fast. I remember, in the midst of the growing up years, people would tell me how quickly it would go and I have to admit that there were days when that didn't seem so bad. Now I tell moms and dads of young children to soak it in and enjoy this season of their lives. I hope they listen better than I did.

I will have to say, I don't mind this current season of my life and the freedom that comes with it, but there are days when I'd give anything to have a wee one crawl up in my lap for a story or a snuggle. Of course those same wee ones might prefer a game of tag and well, let's just say, I'd lose at any game that involves running.
As the mother of three sons, I love having daughter-in-laws around. And, since we just added our last daughter-in-law this past weekend, I thought I'd share a few snapshots of the wedding. I only have a few to share because my mind was more on enjoying the wedding than taking pictures. That was someone else's job.
I had really intended to take only one picture during the ceremony, but these flower girls were so cute, I just couldn't resist.
One of my favorite things to watch at any wedding, and particularly at the weddings of my three sons, is the look on the groom's face when his bride is walking down the aisle. They just sparkle. This is the one shot I didn't want to miss. Scott, by the way, is the one on the right. The other guy is, of course, the pastor.
A beautiful toast from the best man, Mike Gesme. Scott and Mike have been friends for longer than they (or I) can remember. Hmmm. . . perhaps a smaller piece of cake would have "fit" better, but I think the intent was to have fun.Although they didn't have an official wedding dance, they did have a "first dance together." Ah . . .true love. Scott and Angelina heading off on their honeymoon to the Oregon Coast. As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, Scott is our last child to get married. According to tradition, it is the role of the mother-of-the-groom to "shut-up and wear beige." I have failed miserably in that department. I don't look good in beige and well, shutting-up has never been my strong suit. It's probably best then, that I'm done with this "wedding season" of life. I think now I have free reign to say whatever I want. No?

No comments: