Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bridging the Gap

I received an email today from my friend, Leslie. Whenever I go more than five days without posting a blog, she questions my commitment. And occasionally, she gets a little whiney about it. (I’m sure she’ll read this so just for her; I’m kidding, Leslie.) I really don’t mind because then I know that at least one person is reading my posts and waiting for an update.

So, here’s the deal on my lack of blog posts. It’s not that I’m not writing. I have been asked to do some “humor” writing for a newly launched website, Bridging the Gap, and there are just so many hours in my day (which can be significantly shorter than some people’s due to the fact that I’m not a morning person.) Bridging the Gap is a women’s ministry here in Minnesota, but the website is applicable to women worldwide (at least for those who read English.) I feel quite honored to be asked to write for them and I love doing it. The truth is, the short little articles I write for the website, are quite similar to what you usually see here. In fact, a couple of them have actually been here a year or so ago so if you go to check them out, you might be thinking, “Gee, I’ve read this somewhere before.” (Shhh….don’t tell. Sometimes when there is a deadline, I don’t always feel particularly funny.)

Let me tell you about the website. It’s so incredible. In addition to my articles, which by the way, can be found in the Laugh/Create section, there are articles on life issues, relationships, taking care of your home, leadership, finances, health and wellness, spiritual issues, book reviews, and so much more. In addition to that, there is a video that changes regularly called CafĂ© la Vie with encouragement, information, and devotionals. Oh, and speaking of devotionals; there is a whole devotional section, a section for Bible Study materials, and a prayer wall to share your prayer requests.

If you happen to live in Minnesota, there is also a section where you can check for upcoming events. You can search for them in order of the date they occur or by putting in your zip code to find the events in your specific region. By the way, if you see any typos in the events area, well, let’s just say someone whose blog you read, messed up at her job.

This website has been in the making for over a year. It’s still getting off the ground, but it’s a great resource for women everywhere and will only get better. Check it out and let me know what you think. In the meantime, I’ll try to get more posted here.

No comments: