Monday, March 16, 2009

Writer’s Block

At the beginning of the year I mentioned that one of my goals this year was to blog twice a week. But, seriously, I think I’ve had writer’s block. For the past few days I’ve been thinking, I should write another blog, but about what?

I flew to California on Sunday to spend a few short days in Pacific Grove (near Carmel) visiting my parents. I thought perhaps that something would come to me on the plane. I sat between two college students, one recovering from an “opening night of spring break” party and the other a young man on his way home to visit his family and go to a job interview. He and I had a great time visiting but it didn’t really lead to any material for a blog entry.

And, there are other random things to write about. For instance, my father was telling me that he goes for a walk every morning. One day, while out walking, he went past one of those miles per hour detectors designed to alert cars of their current speed. Apparently, he registered at 4 mph. Not bad for an 80-year-old man! And, it makes you wonder how those things work. But again, not enough for an entire blog.

So, hopefully this week something amazing will come into my mind. In the mean time, my mother just walked in with a Rummikub game. Let’s see if I can beat her this time!

No comments: